These are the terms on which we buy new or nearly new women’s or children’s clothing from you (‘Terms of Selling’). Please read these Terms of Selling carefully before you consider sending us any clothing.
Loopster is operated by Loopster Limited (“We” / “Us”), a private limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 10767611. Our registered office and main trading address is at Loopster, Unit 7, Newport Business Centre, Corporation Road, Newport NP19 4RF.
HOW TO CONTACT US
You can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Loopster, Unit 7, Newport Business Centre, Corporation Road, Newport NP19 4RF.
SELLING CLOTHES TO US: HOW IT WORKS
Open a Loopster account and request a Loopster Clear-Out bag
To send us your clothes, you will need to open a Loopster account and request a Loopster Clear-Out Bag to fill with clothes to sell and send to us. Click here to open your Loopster account.
Once we receive your request, we will send you a Loopster Clear-Out Bag by post with a pre-addressed label for you to use when you return it to us.
Each Loopster Clear-Out Bag must be filled with at least fifteen (15) items of clothing. If you have considerably more than fifteen (15) items of clothing to send to us, you can order more than one Loopster Clear-Out Bag free of charge. If you are unsure how many bags you may need, feel free to contact us at email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
Clothes that we do not accept
All clothes that we buy from you must meet the following criteria:
- Be women’s clothing or children’s clothing from 0-16 years;
- The clothes must be new or nearly new, for example:
- all stitching, buttons and zips must be in good condition;
- no stains, holes or tears on the outside or inside of the clothes;
- colours must not be faded;
- no piling (little bobbles) on the materials;
- no markings (such as children’s names) on the outside or inside of the clothes; and
- all clothes must be recently washed and ironed.
- We do not accept items from the following stores/brands: Sainsburys, Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Primark, Boots Miniclub, M&Co, Carters or H&M. This list may be subject to change so please check these Terms of Selling regularly. If you are unsure whether we will accept a certain brand, don’t hesitate to contact us before sending us your item.
- We do not accept bodysuits from Next, Marks and Spencer, Mothercare or Bluezoo.
- If in doubt, please don't send us anything of a lesser quality than you would be happy to buy.
- New clothes with the price tag still on will be accepted and we will pay more for these clothes than for the equivalent used clothes.
- We do not accept women’s “fast fashion” clothes from Boohoo, Asos, Missguided etc.
- We do not accept any of the following types of items in any condition:
- Children’s accessories such as: glasses, belts, straps, gloves, scarfs, or bibs;
- Underwear: briefs, knickers, socks or long underwear;
- Home-made or knitted clothes;
- Clothes with no brand or size labels; or
- Counterfeit clothes (we will have full discretion to determine if an item is counterfeit).
We will not accept clothes that do not meet all the above criteria.
We currently receive a significant volume of items which do not meet all the above criteria. As a result, from February 2021, we are introducing an internal rating system against which we will assess all Sellers. Ratings will be based exclusively and fairly on the above criteria. If you send items to us which do not meet all the above criteria, you may receive a low rating. If you receive a low rating as a Seller you will not be able to sell to us again.
If you send us clothes that we do not accept
When requesting a Loopster Clear Out Bag, you will be asked to choose what to do with any clothes that do not fulfil our criteria. You can:
(a) Ask us to donate them to the charity “Traid”; or
(b) Ask us to return them to you (you must pay our reasonable postage fees if so).
If later on, you change your mind about which option you wish to choose, we will not be responsible for your loss if we have already donated your clothes to Traid.
Getting Your Loopster Clear-Out Bag to us
Please send your filled Loopster Clear-Out Bag to us by Royal Mail.
Please put your minimum of fifteen (15) items of clothing inside the pre-labelled Loopster Clear-Out Bag, close it completely with the adhesive strip and drop it at your nearest Post Office.
How much will we pay for your clothes?
To get an idea of how much we might pay you for an item of clothing before you send it to us, you can consult our ‘How much will I be paid?’ guide.
Upon receiving your clothes, we will inspect and assess every item against our buying criteria.
We will then email you a non-negotiable price offer for each item we can accept.
If you want to accept our offer, you need to tell us how you would like to be paid (see the Payment section below).
If you don’t want to accept our offer we will return your items to you (you must pay our reasonable postage costs for this). We do not accept partial offers.
Loopster will negotiate the shipping or postal cost of returning your clothes with you on an individual basis by email. We will send them by Royal Mail and they will be returned within 2-3 working days at an approximate cost of £3.00 to £4.00.
When you accept our offer of a price for an item, you must promptly tell us how you would like to be paid.
The options are:
(a) Via PayPal. If you choose this option, we will make payment within fourteen days to your PayPal account.
(b) Direct into your bank account. If you choose this option, you must provide us with your bank sort code and account number in your Loopster account and we will make payment within fourteen days of receiving this information. Your bank details will be protected by Secure Socket Layer technology and deleted within 30 days of payment being made.
(c) Via Loopster Credit. If you choose this option, you will be allocated Loopster Credit in the same amount as is owed to you plus an additional 10% and you will be able to use your Loopster Credit towards any future purchases on www.loopster.co.uk.
If you do not respond to our offer and provide your payment details within two calendar months of our first contacting you, we will take ownership of your items. They will either be sold or given to charity, at our sole discretion.
Before your filled Loopster Clear-Out Bag reaches us:
Royal Mail will usually accept liability for any filled Loopy-Clear Out Bag that has been dispatched to us via Royal Mail up to a value of £100. If you are concerned about an incident during dispatch to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your filled Loopster Clear-Out Bag reaches us:
Once your filled Loopster Clear-Out Bag arrives with us, we accept full responsibility for it. If your filled Loopster Clear-Out Bag is lost or damaged once it is in our possession, we will reimburse you for the cost of your lost or damaged items. If this happens, we will contact you in advance to agree a price.